Friday, May 27, 2011

Reading Revelations

I have been searching through the book of Revelations recently as I have been searching for evidence in my recent investigation of the rapture theory. My cousin told me that the rapture is certain it is only a matter of when, but does he have reason and evidence for his belief in this idea? I trust and love my cousin but I am not convinced of the validity of the idea of a rapture, especially after people like Harold Camping take advantage of those who believe it and propagate it to the Christian community.

It was interesting to hear the book again, as it had been years since I have read it. Most recently I have been focused on Paul's epistles, and the four gospels. It is a bit frightenening and it is a bit comforting.

Although I enjoyed reading it so much I read it again yesterday, and through all these readings the major idea I get from it is that a man will be judged by his deeds. That Jesus still walks amongst the churches, and we are to remember our sinful nature as men and repent of our sins to God. That we remember where we come from. If we overcome this sin we will partake of the fruit of the tree of life. If we are faithful unto death we shall be given the crown of life. God will give unto everyone according to their works. Jesus will testify on the behalf of those who endure to the end and clothe them in white robes. As many as he loves, he rebukes and chastens.

I am going to read 1st Thessalonians today in my pursuit of the rapture idea evidence. But it was interesting to read the prophesy of Revelations. I continue my studies today. May the Lord be with with and bless you and keep you. Amen.

"And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals. And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to loosen the seals thereof? And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth , was able to open the book, neither to look thereon. And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon. And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof." ~ Revelation 5:1-5

No comments:

Post a Comment